Monday 31 December 2012

New Year’s Eve

Yep that’s right it is New Year’s Eve and the time is 7:18pm. You are probably wondering why I am not currently downing shots with my friends and dancing on tables. Well that will be coming later. I have to wait for Melissa to finish work at 10 before we can start the drinking shenanigans. So instead I am at this moment sat in my dressing gown and feeling reflective. As is I am sure a lot of people are tonight.

So what have I come up with from this year. Well I think I have been very fortunate when it comes to events. I have been on a lot of holidays (however my credit card is feeling the pain). I have moved into my own place with my best friend and we have had many nights of laughter and silliness.

I have had my family around me to support me when I have been down and pat me on the back when things have gone well.

However I have also had some not very nice moments. I have had the dramas with Mr FWB, starting with ending things on my birthday, followed by telling me I was mistake and ending it with sleeping with one of my work colleagues and flaunting it in front of my face. God he is an arse.

I have also had some issues with friends. Realising that some people are not exactly who they try to make out they are.

I have had emotional breakdowns like when the time my bed broke and funnily enough again today when it broke again!

I do however though I think this year has been a pretty good one. There is nothing I really regret and I think on a whole it has made me a better person. I have had to deal with challenges and overcome sadness but I did it with a smile on my face – or eventually the smile was there.

So what does 2013 hold for me? It is hard to say as right at this moment I do not have any plans. I am hoping to go snowboarding with my Mum in February and I want to tackle some bucket list things like learn to play the guitar and learn another language but as it stands right now there is nothing. Pretty free which is a good feeling. I am not going to make resolutions like stop seeing Mr FWB as I think I would fail on that one however I am going to focus on myself more and if that means I have less time for him then so be it.

I also plan to lose 10lbs in 3 months, I have signed up for the gym for that amount of time so hopefully I will achieve my goal. Other than that I don’t plan to make any.

All I really want is to grow as a person and learn as much as I can.

I hope you all have a great New Year and thank you for reading about 2012. I hope you stick around for 2013 as I feel there are going to be a lot of stories to tell and dramas to report on.

There always is in a Single Girls life J

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment