Wednesday 13 November 2013

Stuart



So I told you I met a guy when I was the plane on the way to Spain well his name as the title explains was Stuart.

Now Stuart was an interesting character and pretty much from the moment we sat down he started speaking to me. Now I personally am not really one for idle chit chat however I could tell that Stuart really just wanted someone to talk to.

After we did the normal introductions he went on to tell me all about his life and how he was actually on his way to see his girlfriend who he was in a very long distance relationship with. Long story short he really cared about her and wanted to be with her but just couldn't see how it was going to work. He felt that the weekend was going to be make it or break it. I gave him the normal advice of if it is meant to be then bla bla bla but in all honesty I didn't really know what to think of the situation.

Whilst the realist in me was thinking - it will never work and better to end it now the romantic in me was really hoping it had a happy ending. Mostly I was just annoyed with Stuart. He was 37 and had done very little with his life. He seemed like the sort of person whose life was only complete if he was in a relationship and therefore hadn't found himself as a single person. I think I may have said this to him however if I am honest he did most of the talking.

Anyway I got off the plane thinking how I was so happy I was making the most of my life but also I realised that my life was not the life for everyone.

I never did find out what happened with Stuart but I am going to hope that whatever the outcome he is happy as he genuinely seemed to be a lovely guy!

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment