Sunday 12 May 2013

Don't judge a book by its cover

So I have spoken about Hotel boy and Mr FWB quite a lot recently (Mr FWB a lot over the past year) and I just wanted to comment on how very very different in appearance they are to each other.

One is tall, muscular and exercises like a trooper whilst the other one is short (not that short) slim and if asked to run anywhere would more than likely keel over and die (I don't know enough about him to confirm this but he doesn't look the sort to run on a treadmill). Anyway as I said they are very different to each other.

So when I first told people I was attracted to Hotel boy they were pretty shocked but they didn't know him and this was completely based on his appearance. They couldn't understand why I would be interested in him.

I think this is quite sad as people genuinely do judge a book by its cover. They don't get to know the person before deciding they are no good but just purely based on looks they pass an opinion. Now no one has really said to me, I don't think you should like him because of his personality. Nope they just make fun of him. Now I am to blame on this one for some of it as I did make up a nickname for him however that was when he was being and arse and therefore I was allowed to.

I don't think people realise that if we were to all fancy the same people there would be a lot of lonely people out there.

As my mother always told me - beauty is in the eye of the beholder - which is so very true.

So just as a ending piece of advice

Before you pass comment try to look past appearances and actually talk about what is going on on the inside of a person!

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment