Friday 17 May 2013

The end of an era :-(

Well people the time has come for Melissa to leave me and head off on her travels again. I genuinely cannot believe it has been a year since she arrived. It really only feels like yesterday I was telling you all that she had gotten her visa and was on her way.

Wow what a year it has been though. I am not going to lie and say it has been all completely plain sailing because it hasn't. We have had our arguments and disagreements and damn right gotten on each others nerves but boy I honestly can say I don't think I have ever spent any other year laughing as much as I did this one. From the breaking of my bed when we first moved in to the high fiveing each other as we swapped rooms at the year end party it has certainly been eventful. Sometimes even damn right shameful but who cares we enjoyed it!

I am going to miss her like crazy as she is the best friend who all those little things on facebook are about. You know the ones where they say things like

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”

Well that most definitely sums up our friendship and I honestly cannot wait to see her again. Tonight in true Melissa and Singlegirl fashion we will be tearing up the town in our high heels and short dresses, dancing like we don't have a care in the world. You never know the above statement may actually end up true!

So here's to my very good friend! All I have left to say is - wine Wednesday won't be the same without you!

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment