Wednesday 2 May 2012

Nicknames

Yesterday I went to lunch with a friend and we were talking about how things first ever started with Mr FWB. This led us onto talking about previous “relationships” and I use this term very lightly as they were more bits of fun.

We were discussing what we called them as we never used their real names. I am not sure why for some of them as it wasn’t like we were trying to keep them a secret. There was one guy that I was having an email work relationship with for a while and him we did keep the name a secret as I did not want the whole office to know what was going on. We called him Drinks Boy which later on was just shortened to DB. The reason we called him Drinks Boy was because I first met him at the drinks machine and proceeded to keep meeting him there. It was just a coincidence that it happened but it was quite funny. I did not know his name for ages but really liked him so referred to him as Drinks Boy.  Even to this day we still all call him DB. Obviously not to his face. I would also like to point out that he was the same person I had to fake an emergency with to get him to leave my house. Whoops.

Just before Mr FWB I was seeing a guy from London. He was in fact from Hammersmith therefore had the very creative name of Mr Hammersmith. Again when I first started talking to him I wasn’t 100% sure of his name. There isn’t much to tell about him. He was gorgeous but a total arse. That one did not last long.

A friend of mine met a guy online who she was supposed to meet for a date. Just as she was about to leave he phoned her and told her he could not make it as he had to go to hospital. We didn’t believe this and thought he was just making excuses. It actually turned out he hadn’t been lying and in fact had to have his appendix out. He unfortunately from that moment on was christened with the wonderful name of Mr Appendix.

I am not sure why we feel the need to create names for guys we are dating but I think it may have something to do with not wanting to get so attached. Maybe it is like having a farm animal you plan to eat. You don’t name them J

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment