Monday 28 January 2013

A brighter future

This weekend was a very busy one and for once did not involve drinking. I stayed in Friday night but was up early Saturday to head to the gym, the skip, to do the weekly food shopping and then to town to meet Melissa to pick out our 80’s outfits for my birthday (more about that another time).

Saturday night involved Dinner at my parents which is always a fun one and then Sunday I went and did some sightseeing and more gym time.

As I am open and honest with what I write I will admit that I had mentioned to Mr FWB on Friday that I was free that night and if he fancied meeting up to let me know (insert embarrassed face). However seeing as I still have yet to hear from him I am going to take that as a sign that he didn’t want to. I do sense things have changed again between us and do not think it will be long before he tells me he has been seeing someone. My birthday is coming up soon and as he managed to destroy last years I had already vowed that I wouldn’t be going anywhere near him this year. I guess I may as well start that from now.

I mentioned in a recent post that I was planning to go to New Zealand to work. Well that has changed slightly and I am now heading to Australia. I have worked out the finances and I should be good to go around September time. It does just mean a lot of saying no to people and things. It will be hard but totally worth it in the end.

I have also decided to get a second job soon to get a bit more extra savings money.

I am really feeling more upbeat about the future the more the weeks go by. Before I was a little lost not knowing what was round the next corner but now I have a plan I feel safer if that makes sense.

Anyway I hope you all had a great weekend and I look forward to updating you on my progress as the weeks and months go on J

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment