Wednesday 16 January 2013

Dating

I have been watching the programme “The Undateables” recently and for anyone who doesn’t know it is basically a show about people with different disabilities who are dating. Each week they follow people who explain how they find it difficult to date whether it be because of physical differences  or because of mental issues.

The show is happy/sad to watch. You feel bad for them because they cannot find a date but then you feel happy for them when a dating agency finds them one. I would also like to mention that on two occasions when the men have arrived for their dates they have taken flowers with them. How lovely and perfectly old fashioned. That has never happened to me. I am lucky if I find a man who wants to pay for half the dinner.

Anyway it got me thinking about dating and how you first judge a person on how they look followed by a couple of minutes of chit chat. I am guilty of doing this and I do not think it is right. You cannot tell a lot about a person on appearance and as they say never judge a book by its cover.

I have decided that I would like to start dating again but I am not sure how to go about doing it. I tried online and it didn’t really work for me but what other options are there?

After watching the programme what we are missing in this day and age is real dating agencies. Ones where real people actually match couples and it isn’t just done by a computer with no emotions.

So with this in mind I am setting up a dating agency (haha ok this is just an idea but you never know it could happen) J

It is however definitely time for me to get back on that horse. Now where to start??

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment