Monday 17 September 2012

Friends

People can be very funny sometimes. This weekend has really made me see that. It has also made me realise who are actually true friends and those who are misguided and not so good to have around.

I won’t go into too much detail but I had some so called friends come to visit me this weekend however after they left they messaged me to say that they basically had never liked me and the only reason they kept in contact was because of Melissa. This hurt a lot as I didn’t and still do not know what I had done to have this kind of outburst. Also their dislike of me did not stop them from taking advantage of me this weekend and having me arrange and pay for a lot of things.

Although I was very hurt by the things that were said it also made me realise that if they could be that vindictive to use me this weekend then they are not people I would ever want in my life. I feel sorry for their other friends because if they can do it to me then they can certainly do it to someone else.

I can only speculate on what the issue was and if it is what I think then it is incredibly childish and silly. I sincerely hope that they are happy now as they really upset me and if they are still not happy then they have gained nothing by being so cruel.

It did make me reflect on my friendships with other people and who is truly there for me. From this moment on I refuse to let myself be used by people and actually make an effort with all the people who have been there for me and never expected anything in return.

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment