Wednesday 12 September 2012

Trust

I think trust has to be one of the biggest things in a relationship. It takes years to earn and seconds to throw away. My super sidekick told me yesterday about a couple of friends of hers who have broken up. They have been together for 15 years, engaged and it turned out the guy in the relationship had been cheating. The relationship has now ended which even though I do not know the people I still think is very sad. It however did not surprise me one little bit.

Nothing seems to last these days. I know I have blogged about it before but every day my faith diminishes more and more. Since ending my marriage I have seen so much more than I did when I was in my happy “bubble”. I honesty never realised people cheated so much and didn’t feel any guilt.

This leads me on a book I once read called the Agent Provocateur. Basically it is about a woman who works as a Honey Trapper (someone who catches men out cheating either by following them or showing interest in them). Anyway she is set a task to trap a very happily married man by the wife of said man as she believes not all men cheat and her husband would stay 100% faithful.

I won’t tell you how the story ends (just in case you fancy picking it up) but let’s just say I think if the right temptation is put in someone’s way it is extremely hard to resist. This is the same for men and woman.

Again this is another reason why I am happy to be single. I genuinely don’t think I could stand the worry and suspicion of someone cheating. I have been there before and it isn’t a nice way to live your life.

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment