Monday, 3 September 2012

The good, the bad and the dam right painful!

What a weekend. It was the most emotionally tiring weekend ever!

Friday night was great. I went out with some friends from work, didn’t drink and ended up laughing more than I have in a very long time.

Saturday morning I had to get up really early to go to London with Melissa, my Mum and my Sister. First we went to Madame Tussauds which was actually really good and nothing like I thought it would be. Then we went to the theatre to watch Ghost which was amazing. For anyone who hasn’t seen but loves musicals this really is a must. The effects were brilliant and I won’t spoil it but there are some “can’t believe your eyes” moments.

My Mum gave me a bit of sad news when we were out (yep she picks her moments well). My lovely dog was quite poorly and it wasn’t looking too good. He has been in my life for 11 years and anyone with a pet knows that they are not just that and they are actually part of the family. Anyway she said they had taken him to the vets and had been told he had a tumour which could burst at any time. I am not letting it upset me too much as it could happen tomorrow, next month or even next year. We don’t know so I will just make sure he gets lots of my attention when I am there!

Saturday night I tried to have an early night as I had a very early start Sunday. This was however disrupted by the roommates forgetting their keys and having to phone me to wake me up. I would have loved to know where they would have slept had I not been there.

Sunday I got up at 6am. I am told this is a normal time to get up rather than get in (who knew). Anyway I got up at 6 and headed off once again to London to watch the Paralympics. It was without a doubt one of the most inspirational things I had ever seen and set me up with the right attitude in the afternoon to run 8 miles without stopping.

Last night I decided to have a bath, something I haven’t done in a very long time (I am a shower person) however when I ran it I went to get in a realised it was cold. I put this down to timings of the hot water coming on and decided to leave it and have my normal shower in the morning. Well this morning I got up ready for my nice warm shower only to be met with cold water once again. Our boiler had decided to stop working. Wonderful!

The rest of my day so far seems to have gone by without any more problems. I am aching like you wouldn’t believe from my run and I do not advise wearing cheap shorts if you are ever planning on running a distance as I am currently walking like John Wayne but fingers crossed that is the worst over with now!

Hope everyone else’s weekends were good and a little less emotional than mine


No comments:

Post a Comment