Monday 8 October 2012

Woo hoo I did it

That’s right people. I completed my first ever half marathon! I managed to get round in 2 hours 30 mins which was slower than I had hoped for but I did not anticipate all the hills on the route. Wow they were killers.

I am in so much pain right now though. I feel great for doing it but my body hates me!

That’s one thing crossed off the bucket list J

Now time to relax before my holiday where I am going to do some more relaxing!

As for other things the weekend held for me. Friday night I stayed at Mr FWB’s. He is a really strange one. When I decide we are nothing more than FWB’s he comes along and does something random that makes my brain hurt. Friday night he recorded a programme for me to watch because he knew I liked it. So strange!

Anyway yesterday after my run we celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving and I have to say I haven’t had that much fun at dinner time for a very long time. My family were there along with some friends, Steven and his lady and a couple of Melissa’s family. The atmosphere was great as everyone was having a brilliant time and all got on really well. I have to say it was the perfect end to a hard but satisfyingly achieved day!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and to all my Canadian readers “Happy Thanksgiving”

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment