Wednesday 28 March 2012

A little moan! (no not the good kind)

Yesterday was a good day! Well except for having to work and being stuck in traffic for ages.

The sun was shining, I got to spend my lunch gossiping with some work colleagues in the sun (what girls don’t love to gossip). Then last night I spoke to a friend I met whilst travelling for about an hour and a half on the phone catching up and reminiscing. The only problem with the catch up was it has really really made me want to go away again. This weather whilst amazing isn’t helping.

Anyway enough of what I want to do! I have a moan that I need getting off my chest. Now as I have said many times I have no problem with being single (if I say it enough times I may start believing it). Only playing, I do genuinely have no issue with it. The issue I do have is how other people treat you.

Last night my parents kindly asked me if I wanted to go to a work function with them. A dinner/dance type thing. However they started the conversation with “I don’t suppose you could find a date for the end of April could you”. Well the answer was no (I probably could, I am just making a point). Anyway they implied that this kind of event was really only for couples. Why? Do I need a partner to feed me! Am I not able to have a dance with my family and their friends! Obviously not.

I know they didn’t mean anything by it but it does still annoy me how you are treated differently when you are single. I don’t have the plague. I promise!

Ok rant over J

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment