Thursday 23 August 2012

Just a little story

I want to tell you guys a story which Olivia told me not that long ago. I hope she doesn’t mind me telling you but I really think it reflects on how I see life at the moment.

Her Granddad worked for a car dealership for years. I think it was Ford (I could be slightly wrong with the exact details) anyway he worked long passed retirement and late into his life. When he finally did retire he treated himself to a new convertible BMW. Obviously having worked for Ford he had always owned Ford cars. Secretly though he really wanted a BMW. Anyway the time came for him to finally have what he wanted and near the end of last year he bought his dream car.

The months passed by and he drove it around with pride but because of the weather (snow in the early months and none stop rain in the later ones) he never got to put the roof down. The one thing he had always wanted to do. Sadly he passed away a couple of months ago. He never got to experience driving around in his dream car with the roof down in the sunshine.

When she told me this it made me really sad but also it just made me really determined to not put off anything until it was too late! Hence my travelling and seeing the world plans.

As the great James Dean once said “Dream as if you'll live forever.  Live as if you'll die today.”

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment